I found this recipe a while back and finally got around to trying it this morning. It’s delicious and filling. My son even insisted I share and then hoovered probably about a third of it (he’s almost 2)!
Apple Banana Almond Breakfast Smoothie
Printable recipe here.
- 5 raw almonds (I only had blanched, slivered almonds so I used 2 Tbsp)
- 1 red apple (I used Gala)
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk (I used 1%)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. I cored the apple, cut it into large pieces, then threw it into the blender. Then I added the remaining ingredients.
2. Blend on medium high for about 30 seconds (or until desired consistency is reached). Makes one 16 ounce serving. The calorie count is 382. Enjoy.