I finally got around to trying out a recipe I had found for peanut butter granola. I made a single batch of this last week and my husband liked it so much that he requested I make it again, but that a single batch simply wasn’t enough. Keeping that in mind, today I made a triple batch (which makes approximately 3 cups).
Here is the recipe for a single batch:
Peanut Butter Granola
Printable recipe here.
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp honey (I used liquid)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup oats
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine peanut butter and honey in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for approximately 20 seconds, until peanut butter is melted. Stir to combine.
3. Add cinnamon and vanilla to peanut butter and honey mixture, stirring to combine.
4. Put oats in a medium sized bowl. Pour peanut butter and honey mixture over the oats and stir until evenly coated.
5. Spread in a single layer on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake for 7 – 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool (granola will become crunchy as it cools). Store in an airtight container.
This granola is delicious and it can be consumed by itself or stirred into your favorite yogurt or sprinkled into cereal.
Have I mentioned how much I love the Martha Stewart chalk labels combined with my ChalkInk markers (especially the blue color I used to label this jar)?!