Over the holidays I was at a meal where a delicious broccoli cheddar salad was served and I knew it would be a great way to eat more vegetables. I didn’t get a chance to ask for the recipe, so I went on the search for a salad that seemed similar. I found this recipe for broccoli salad and made some modifications of my own and it was a great success. This recipe has found it’s way onto our table several times since I first tried making it. It’s not exactly the healthiest salad around, but consumed in moderation it is a delicious addition to a variety of meals.
Broccoli Cheddar Salad
Printable recipe here.
- 1 head broccoli, stems removed, and florets cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip (Calorie Wise)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup blanched, slivered almonds
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Combine broccoli and bacon in a medium-sized bowl.
2. In a small bowl, combine Miracle Whip, vinegar, and honey. Stir until well blended.
3. Pour sauce over broccoli and bacon. Add almonds and grated cheese. Stir until well combined. Enjoy.