It is true that I am a little in love with Starbucks holiday drinks. The caramel brulee latte in particular. Just this past week/weekend Starbucks was running a buy 1 get 1 free for 3 hours each afternoon, so I was able to get my fix at a reasonable price. Now that the promotion is over, I decided it was time to figure out how to make my own (similar) version at home. The recipe I adapted my recipe from can be found here along with recipes for other Starbucks drinks. Now I won’t claim that it tastes exactly like the Starbucks version, but it’s close enough for me to get my fix.
Caramel Brulee Latte
Printable recipe here.
- 2 oz espresso (or 3 oz strongly brewed coffee)
- 1/2 cup steamed milk – I use 1%
- 1/4 cup milk (frothed)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp caramel syrup
- 1 Tbsp caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 tsp SKOR bits
1. Brew your coffee. I used a Decaf Starbucks House Blend K-cup and brewed it on the second smallest cup size setting which makes 6 oz, perfect for a double recipe.
2. Put the first portion of milk into your milk steamer if you have one.
3. Drizzle caramel ice cream topping around your mug.
4. Add vanilla extract and caramel syrup to your mug. Pour in the coffee and steamed milk.
5. Put 1/4 cup of milk into frother. Once frothed, spoon onto coffee/milk mixture in your cup.
6. The next step is optional but I just didn’t feel like I could make the drink without having some sort of toffee/caramel bits on top so I sprinkled some SKOR bits on top.
There you have it. Now you can make your very own caramel brulee latte at home. I usually double the recipe as I make one for my husband and myself, or you could just make a big cup for yourself. I’m not judging!
You can also make the full fat recipe, using whole milk and adding a big dollop of whipped cream on top as opposed to the frothed milk, but I save that for special occasions only.