After playing outside with my daughter this morning while my son napped, I was cold and was craving a hot drink. Then I remembered I had pinned a recipe for white hot chocolate and had yet to try it. In keeping with my method of using the ingredients I have on hand rather than running out to buy special ingredients for just one recipe, I made some slight changes to Paula Deen’s recipe and the result was yummy!
So here’s my version: (I made a half recipe and it was enough for me with some left over to share with the kiddos)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Additional whole milk, frothed
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the white chocolate chips and heavy cream, stirring constantly until the chocolate chips have completely melted.
2. Stir in the whole milk and vanilla extract. Stir occasionally until heated through. Meanwhile, I filled my milk frother to the minimum line with additional whole milk and turned it on.
3. Divide hot chocolate into mugs then top each with a few spoonfuls of the frothed milk. Enjoy! Makes 2 – 4 servings.