Don’t stop reading thinking that this is for dogs, because it’s not. It is one of my guilty pleasures and my best friend and I used to make this a lot when we were in high school. I think it may be the most delicious way to make an otherwise mostly healthy cereal into something very bad (but oh so good) for you! My daughter was very excited to help me “cook” this morning and was a very good helper.
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 (350g) box Crispix
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
1. Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and margarine in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Heat on high (or use a melt setting) until melted.
3. Pour 1/2 of the box of Crispix into a large bowl (I like to spray mine with non-stick cooking spray as it makes it easier to stir it around once coated.
4. Pour over 1/2 of the chocolate mixture. Stir to coat. Try to be gentle so you don’t crush all the Crispix.
5. Add 1/4 more Crispix and 1/4 of the chocolate mixture. Stir to coat. Repeat with remaining 1/4 Crispix and 1/4 of the chocolate mixture.
6. Then comes the fun (and somewhat messy part). I don’t actually measure the icing sugar when I’m making this, so the measurements I am putting up are rough approximations. Put 1/4 cup of icing sugar into the bottom of a brown paper lunch bag. Add 1/3 of the Crispix. Add 3/4 cup of icing sugar. Shake to coat. If the Crispix is not evenly coated, add more icing sugar and shake again.
7. This is what it should look like when it’s done. Enjoy!