I love strawberries, so it’s no surprise I love this recipe for strawberry freeze that makes a delicious, refreshing summer drink when 7-up is added to it.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 3 oz package strawberry jello
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In large bowl mash strawberries.
- Add ice cream.
- In separate bowl, combine strawberry jello and water. Stir well to make sure all jello powder is dissolved. Stir in lemon juice.
- Add to strawberry mixture and mix well.
- Freeze mixture overnight in hard-sided container with lid. Using a few smaller containers helps mixture freeze better.
- When ready to serve: Fill glass 1/3 to 1/2 full with frozen mixture. Add 7-up and stir. Garnish with fresh strawberry and enjoy!