Tonight for supper I was feeling a little lazy so I decided to do some barbecuing. I decided to make a variety of foods: chicken, steak, and vegetable packets.
- 1/2 cup soya sauce
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Marinate the chicken breasts for about 30 minutes. Grill over medium heat for 20 – 30 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
- 3 medium red potatoes
- 1/2 bag baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons onion
- dill weed (or fresh dill if available)
- 1/4 cup margarine
- Wash and cut potatoes into thin slices
- Cut baby carrots lengthwise into thin slices
- Cut 3 rectangular pieces of tin foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Place one third of potatoes and carrots onto each piece of foil. Add 1 tablespoon of onion. Sprinkle with desired amount of dill weed, salt, and pepper. Divide 1/4 cup of margarine evenly between 3 packets.
- Grab two long ends of foil. Fold over 3 times. Then fold remaining edges over 3 times to seal packets. A way to tell if your packets are sealed well is if they puff up while they are cooking.
- Grill over medium heat for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
The steak was a filet mignon from M & M meats, so all I did was add some Montreal steak spice and some bbq sauce, seared for 2 minutes per side, then grilled over medium heat for 15 minutes, turning frequently.