I have recently grown to love sweet potato fries. It doesn’t hurt that I found this recipe on allrecipes a while back and have since made it a few times. They are my favorite sweet potato fries (I like them better than any sweet potato fries I’ve ever tried in a restaurant).
Here’s how I make them:
- 2 large sweet potatoes (cut into thick fries)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (using convection if you have a convection oven).
- Place cut sweet potatoes in a microwave-safe dish along with the tablespoon of water. Put in the microwave on high power for 5 minutes. Drain water.
- Put the spices in a large Ziploc bag. Add the potatoes then the olive oil. Shake to coat all the fries.
- Arrange fries in a single layer on a tinfoil-covered baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes total (15 minutes per side) or until fries are crispy on the outside.
And of course, you need a dipping sauce to accompany these tasty fries. This is a modification of a dip recipe I remember making many times when I was growing up:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Miracle whip
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until well blended.