I got my inspiration for this menu board project from a similar project I found on Pinterest. You can check it out on her blog.
The materials I used:
– 14 x 18 picture frame matted to 11 x 14
– letter stickers
– fabric cut to fit the opening for my background
– cute cooking themed stickers I found to add some color
– dry erase markers to write on the glass with
How it’s done:
- cut fabric to the correct size for the background (you can also use scrapbook paper or whatever else you wish to use). I chose fabric because I am doing another project that once completed will hang in the same area as this menu board
- stick letter stickers to fabric background for the days of the week.
- decorate with stickers if desired, or not if you are wanting a cleaner look. I wanted my daughter (that is 2) to get excited about it, so I picked some fun stickers.
- place inside frame and you’re ready to write your weekly menu on the glass.
- when it’s time for next week’s menu, just erase and repeat.
I’ve been wanting to do meal planning for quite a while now and I’m hoping that having this board waiting to be filled with meal ideas will give me the final push I need! Here it is hanging on my kitchen wall. All I need to do now is find some recipes to make this week and fill it in!
Now I’m looking forward to my next project, a ribbon board to hang next to my new menu board that will be made using the same fabric.